Become a Master
or a Follower

JOIN PAMM SERVICE
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Interviews with the winners of contests

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default Interview with the Winner of the Forex Article Contest – February 2014

FXOpen has recently announced the results of the Forex Article Contest-3 held in February 2014. The contest organizers were happy to discover new talented traders with both a profound knowledge of the FX market mechanisms and the ability to describe them in an engaging way.

In total, 7 authors of the most interesting articles were awarded money prizes. An article by Marcin Nowogórski won the 1st prize. FXOpen team has contacted Marcin to ask him a few questions regarding his impressions of the contest and his personal experience in the Forex market in general.

FXOpen: “Could you tell us a few words about yourself?”
    Winner:
    “I am a 28 year old guy from Poland who has family and struggle to make for a living. I work as a Business Analyst for the software company with connections to financial industry and I also do some part time job for the biggest Polish Forex Portal. I'm very focused on self-improvement and my goal is to hook up in the FX industry for the full time.”

FXOpen: “Participation in the Forex Article Contest does not require trading actively in the market. You just have to be well-informed of its mechanisms and be skilled enough to tell about them correctly. Are you an active trader or more of a casual observer?”
    Winner:
    “I started my adventure with Forex almost 3 years ago and then I wanted so much to make day-trading my profession. After 2 years of trying, learning and failing I gave up and changed my approach. I found a job as close as possible to the financial industry to be near the market. Despite having a job, yes, I am still an active trader.”

FXOpen: “Can you explain the choice of your article topic?”
    Winner:
    “I read about Forex a lot. I read forums, articles, blogs and I am tired of the same articles and same talks in style of "whatever number of reasons why you fail" or "golden, super, grail, holy system", etc. The Internet is flooded with this, and I wanted to come up with something fresh, what can't be found easily in the Internet. Over the years of Forex trading I've found lots of decent information, so I focused on picking something up from this pool. Soon I realized that I'd like to write about a couple of useful, related things. And so it is: "Few facts that can do something for you" ;-)”

FXOpen: “Could you please describe your “way in Forex”, i.e. how you started trading, developed your trading strategy, made your first profitable trade?”
    Winner:
    “I've started probably as many traders do. My colleague introduced me to Forex saying, that I could probably make some money there. After a short period of trading in demo accounts I decided to go on with real money. Generally, my way was long and painful. I've lost many times – luckily I deposited small accounts. Each time it forced me to improve and seek for knowledge. Thanks to my appetite for wisdom I've met many valuable traders to share knowledge, experience and mutual support. Personal relations from that time are priceless to me, and crucial for my further development.

Actually, I hardly remember my first trades and profits. The thing I recall pretty often is something that happened after the first two months of my FX adventure - it was summer 2011. I was trading in a real account having +100% score then, and I left opened positions for the weekend. It happened to be THE weekend when Fitch downgraded the US credit rating from AAA. I was shocked when I saw my account totally blown up on Monday morning. The funniest thing is that a couple of days later the market reached my target point without me. This particular event taught me several important lessons.”

FXOpen: “Have you made any significant progress trading with a ‘live’ account?”
    Winner:
    “If not losing is a progress, then yes. I have very little profit during the whole 2013 but when I took fees under considerations then I realized that I had to make healthy profits to cover them up ;-). Actually I have made great progress dealing with my emotions and controlling the risk I take. I’ve had very tough time to realize that I won't make lots of money in a reasonable time trading with small initial deposit. Who wouldn't want that? ;-)”

FXOpen: “What is Forex trading for you - your main source of income, or more of a hobby that provides you with some extra money?
    Winner:
    “I wish it would be my main source of income, but it's not. It's rather a passion that sometimes gives extra money… and sometimes takes. ;-)”

FXOpen: “How did you learn about the Forex Article Contest? What made you take part in it?”
    Winner:
    “My colleague has an account at your firm and he told me about FXOpen. I was surprised, that I haven't ever heard about you so I made some research and among other things I've found information about the contest. I took part because I like such contests where several prizes are offered instead of one big prize. It increases your chances to get 'any' reward and makes it worth your effort. Also it's more fun when many people can win and not only "the king."

FXOpen: “Have you ever taken part in other Forex contests? If so, please, tell us a few words about them.”
    Winner:
    “Actually I had this time when I tried my luck in a few competitions. But what I don't like in trading contests is that you have to bare an extreme risk otherwise you don't stand a chance. For me such "shot and pray" games weren’t really interesting. As I said, I'm focused on minimizing risk and having stable returns based on wise decisions made repeatedly. One of my last trading contests was Crosstrade Championship in Poland in 2013 where I won a minor prize - there were something about 20 prizes for different categories.”

FXOpen: “What distinguishes our Forex Article Contest from other competitions in your opinion? What would you change or improve?”
    Winner:
    “I think the idea of the Forex Article Contest is very good. It is very social - make people share their knowledge. I don't see any exact con. I think I would recommend changing images on your Facebook publications. They are all pretty same. It would be nice to make them individual, at least for the users’ content.”

FXOpen: “Did you watch your competitors and voting results unfolding?”
    Winner:
    “Yes, I did look from time to time. There were a few good articles with good potential to be popular.”

FXOpen: “Was your victory a dream come true? Or were you sure of your success from the beginning?”
    Winner:
    “Close to the end I was hoping for 2nd or 3rd place. But the 1st place was a huge surprise for me.”

FXOpen: “What did you feel when the contest was over and you won in the “Forex Theory” category? What became the biggest reward for you - the prestigious winner’s title, or the US$400 prize?”
    Winner:
    “I was very happy and I took my wife to a festive dinner to celebrate. I feel joy that my work and my knowledge have both been appreciated. Money isn’t the most important but I’ll find a good way to use it.”

FXOpen: “You also won in the “People’s Choice Award” category. Did you expect to win twice at a single competition?”
    Winner:
    “Hah, so much happiness! No, I didn't expect this one. There were two articles that get so many Facebook shares in the last few days…”

FXOpen: “There will be another round of the Forex Article Contest in the near future. Are you going to participate again?”
    Winner:
    “Definitely. I just need to think of something interesting for a new article.”

FXOpen: “Not everyone feels enthusiastic about such Forex competitions for various reasons, and yet you were not discouraged and decided to try. As we see, your efforts and optimism were rewarded. Can you share any secrets of writing the contest article? What was the most important thing during the preparation?”
    Winner:
    “You know what? I have written this article during my 12 hour transfer at Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport while waiting for my second flight. Of course I gave it proper check later but the main idea and everything were born there. The 12 hours I was about to lose on just sitting there, turned to be the greatest investment. It's like you need to take that time you waste and look for opportunities that you can catch.”

FXOpen: “What would be your advice to all those who did not believe in their success and stayed aside?”
    Winner:
    “Don't you ever stay aside. Find out what you want and how to do it, and then give it a shot. Of course, you won't succeed every time, but sitting and waiting won't lead you anywhere. I often think that, if I'd known from the beginning what I’d have to go through these 3 years of my Forex trading, most likely I wouldn't have even decided to start it. That would have been probably the biggest mistake of my entire life.”

FXOpen would like to thank all the participants of the February Forex Article Contest and invites everyone to join the next rounds of the competition.

Best regards,
    FXOpen NZ Limited
    Customer Service
    E-mail: [email protected]
    FXOpen Live Chat (24/5)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shyrayeva For This Useful Post:

hesham1046 (03-18-2014), imbest (03-17-2014), kyoshiro2256 (03-19-2014), penaltev (03-17-2014), Resolve (03-17-2014)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks
    Last edited by hesham1046; 03-18-2014 at 12:19 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hesham1046 For This Useful Post:

kyoshiro2256 (03-19-2014), penaltev (03-18-2014)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default The Interview with the Best Chinese Trader

Chinese Forex Championship, which was held at ForexCup, became an important event for the whole Forex community. The great prizes and bonuses from FXOpen, lots of participants convenient contest conditions and time period made it the key conversation topic all over the world.

No doubt, the name of the winner set curiosity agog. Finally, the name of the Best Chinese Trader became known – it is Chuan Feng Lin. Over the 8 trading weeks he made a 1060% profit. This outstanding result provided the leader with the honorable title, US$ 3000 as the main prize and the cash bonus in his real account.

ForexCup Team was lucky to ask the leader a few questions. In the interview you can find out the winner’s attitude towards trading, some secrets of his strategy and the reasons that pushed him to participate in the tournament.

1.Could you please tell us a few words about yourself?
    My name is Chuan Feng Lin, I am 40 years old. I live in China, in Ping Tan. I am married. I work in the seafood industry.

2.Do you have your personal “way in Forex”? Could you please describe what your first incentive for trying Forex trading was? What did you start with? Do you remember your first trade?
    I started my trading career in 2012, not so long ago. So, I can’t consider myself as a very experienced trader. I started from a pure interest in the growing Forex market – as many other people did, I think. Unfortunately, I do not remember the very first trade because I made hundreds of them.

3.Do you have someone or something encouraging you to upgrade your trading skills day by day?
    Actually, not. I am fully self-taught. I am working out my trading skills without any external stimuli. My progress is one of my main goals.

4.What is trading to you: the main source of income or just a nice pastime, which helps you earn some money? Are you fully devoted to trading?
    Forex is not the main source of my income. I would say that I enjoy trading, develop my skills and sometimes get some profit.

5.Do you trade in a real account? Are you successful in it?
    I haven’t trade in a real account yet. It seems to be one of my plans for the nearest future.

6.How did you learn about ForexCup? Have you ever tried participating in other Forex-contests held by different brokers?

One day I came across the ForexCup ads somewhere in the Internet. At that time I had already got some contest experience from other projects.

7.What are the advantages and disadvantages of the ForexCup competitions? What can you offer to change or improve?
    From my point of view ForexCup holds excellent trading contests. One of the main advantages is sizeable prize and bonus funds – usually they are much bigger than sums offered by other companies.

8.Let’s pass to the Championship you won. What did you feel when you gained the victory?
    I should say that several times I was really close to the victory but I had never won before. So, at the end of the Championship I was very happy and excited.

9.There are lots of traders in China – so, how did you decide to participate in the contest with so many competitors?
    I didn’t hesitate at all and easily joined the Championship. No matter how trivial it is but the main thing for me is participation, I was not worried about the scale of the contest.

10.Did you have any particular strategy at the beginning of the contest or did you work it out on the spot?
    I didn’t have any prepared strategy. All my steps were based on the current market situation.

11.How can you describe you trading decisions? Were they carefully thought over of spontaneous?
    Most of my trading decisions were carefully considered and weighted. But I also took risk.

12.What was your favorite trading instrument in the Championship? And what tools do you generally prefer?
    I prefer non-USD pairs, because they volatile and show interesting dynamics.

13.Did you follow the results of your competitors? Were you scared of someone’s results? Or did you feel confident and relaxed?
    I didn’t follow the results of other contestants. I tried to do my best and was totally concentrated on that task.

14.What do you feel now when you are the Best Chinese Trader? Are you proud of yourself? Does the title motivate you to go ahead and upgrade your trading skills?
    I should say that I am very proud of my results. Right now I am as motivated to move forward as never before.

15.You’ve got a PAMM ECN account a sizable deposit in it as a reward – are you excited to start your PAMM manager career or would you prefer a money prize only?
    Honestly, I would take “live” money as, I am sure, many other people would.

16.How do you plan to manage your PAMM ECN account?
    I want to develop the account so that it could help me make profit. I don’t want to miss an opportunity to become a good PAMM Manager.

17.Are you going to participate in other forex-contests again, after being awarded such a great title?
    Yes, sure! Right now I believe in myself I have all chances to win again.

18.Could you please give some tips to newbies and to all those still planning to join ForexCup contests?
    Develop your skills, believe in yourselves and you will definitely win! Good luck!

The Best Chinese Trader has once again proved the fact that self-confidence and determination are enough to achieve your goal and become the winner. Leave your doubts and you will succeed!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shyrayeva For This Useful Post:

hesham1046 (03-31-2014), ngepet dolar euro (03-31-2014), penaltev (04-01-2014), Prezident (03-31-2014), Sanyok11 (03-31-2014)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default 2nd prize-winner in Chinese Forex Championship Reveals Secrets of his Success

“Don’t miss even a single chance” — 2nd prize-winner in Chinese Forex Championship Reveals Secrets of his Success

ForexCup is a pioneer of regionals Forex Championships. Such contests became very popular among traders. The Chinese Forex Championship is the latest large-scale tournament held in the framework of the project. During 8 winter weeks more than 1000 traders fight for the title of the Best Chinese Trader.

There were 3 main prizes in the Championship provided by FXOpen. Zhongqing Yang took the second place. He made a 1002% profit and was awarded with a PAMM ECN account (with US$ 1800 on it) and a cash bonus that was credited in his real account.

ForexCup team asked the lucky trader a couple of questions and found out some interesting facts about his trading strategy, favorite trading instruments and plans for the future. Read the interview below.

My name is Zhongqing Yang. I came from the Fujian province; my hometown is Youxi Xian Sanming. I am 35 years old and I work in the advertising sphere.

2.When did you start your trading career? Do you consider yourself as an experienced trader?
    I have been trading at the Forex for a very long time. And I think that I am experienced enough.

3.Please, describe in a few words what Forex means to you? What is trading to you?
    It’s a simple question. Forex trading is one of my favorite activities.

4.Do you have a real account in FXOpen or you are mainly a demo trader? Could you please share your strides with us?
    Yes, I have a real account. And I actually have no secrets – I just try to buy at a low price and sell at a high one. I am sure that thousands of traders work in the same way.

5.Let’s pass to the Championship you took part in. Taking into account the huge number of Chinese traders how did you decide to participate in it? Weren’t you afraid of the competition scale?
    I didn’t think about the Championship scale at all. The participation was free and the competition was held in a demo account – so, there was no risk. I couldn’t let myself miss such a chance.

6.Did you follow the results of your rivals? Do you know that two of them didn’t comply with all the contest requirements and that’s why it was you who took the second place? Did you expect such an outcome?
    To tell the truth, during the contest I was totally concentrated on trading and didn’t pay any attention to the other participants’ performance. I didn’t expect such results but I am happy that my profit was high enough to let me win.

7.We know that before the Championship you have participated in 19 other contests – so, what encourages you to try again and again?
    I get some new experience from each competition. It helps me upgrade my skills and become more professional. That’s what I am focused on.

8.Did you have any prepared for the contest or did you make your trading decisions on the spot? Which of the available trading instruments did you prefer to use in the contest?
    Actually, I didn’t have any prepared strategy. I worked with analytics and market news. As for the trading instruments, my favorite currency pairs are the ones with JPY.

9.Did you dream of getting a prize or you were sure of it? What feeling did you have about the competition outcome?
    I didn’t make any predictions; I was busy with doing my best in trading. And yes, I hoped to be one of the winners.

10.What did you feel when the contest was over?
    At that moment I had hundreds of emotions. All in all, I was very happy and proud of my results.

11.You were awarded with a PAMM ECN account with a sizeable balance in it – are you happy about it or would you prefer to get only money?
    I am absolutely happy, because being a PAMM Manages is one of my dreams.

12.Do you have any plans of how you will manage your PAMM ECN account?
    My plans are definite and clear. All I want is to trade and to make profit.

13.Are you going to participate in Forex-contests again, following such a great victory?
    Yes, of course. I do enjoy participating in such competitions and I want to win again.

14.Will you please give some advice to newbies and all those who’re still planning to join the ForexCup contests?
    Do not miss even a single chance! Each contest is not only a test or a trial; it’s also a sort of extra experience. Good luck!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shyrayeva For This Useful Post:

ngepet dolar euro (04-18-2014), penaltev (04-17-2014)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default The Interview with the 3rd prize winner of the Chinese Forex Championship

ForexCup Team is glad to offer you the last interesting article related to the Chinese Forex Championship — the interview with the 3rd prize winner, Ping Zheng.

Over the 8 competition weeks he made a 950% profit! The talented trader was awarded with a PAMM ECN account with the balance of US$ 1200 and a real cash bonus for his outstanding results.

ForexCup team asked the winner a few questions regarding his way of life, trading experience and plans for the PAMM ECN account management.
    Please, see the interview below.

1.First of all, tell us a few words about yourself.
    My name is Ping Zheng. I am a trader from Fuzhou, the city in China. I work as a manager in a small local company. My hobbies are the Forex market and stock trading

2.How long have you been trading Forex? How did you learn about the Market? Do you have a “success story” of your own?
    I have been in Forex for a very long time. Unfortunately, I can’t mention the exact period. My story of success is still going on with each new trade making it longer.

3.What is Forex trading for you?
    Trading is my favorite hobby, which often takes time but sometimes gives money in return.

4.Do you trade in a real account? Are you successful in it?
    Yes, I have a real account and from time to time I even get some profit from it. I consider it to be a great trading achievement.

5.How did you learn about Forex contests held by ForexCup?
    One of my friends introduced me to the ForexCup project when he found out about my passion to Forex. That is how I registered there. Since then I have been enjoying participating in ForexCup competitions a lot.

6.How many contests have you already taken part in? Have you ever won?
    I have already participated in numerous contests and even won in some of them.

7.What pros and cons of ForexCup competitions can you mention?
    To tell the truth, I am a great fan of the project, so, I can’t point out to any drawbacks. One of its main advantages is the availability to join free competitions.

8.Let’s talk about the Chinese Forex Championship. How did you decide to join it? Did you dream about the solid prizes or did you want gain new experience and get some cash bonus?
    It was easy for me to join the Championship – I wasn’t afraid of the competition scale at all. Yes, I wanted to gain some new experience and get a cash bonus.

9.Did you have a particular strategy or did you make your trading decisions on the spot? Which trading instruments did you use?
    Yes, I had a special strategy based on the cross pairs.

10.What did you feel at the end of the contest? Did you enjoy being one of the competition leaders?
    Actually, I am still surprised with the results. I was absolutely happy to become one of the winners.

11.How did you feel about the idea of allowing other nationalities to take part in the Championship of a particular country? It is good or bad from your point of view?
    I don’t see anything bad in it. If participants follow the rules – so, why not?

12.Will you take part in the other ForexCup contests? What can you say about the project following your win in the Championship?
    Yes, I will definitely participate in the next contests. My opinion about the project hasn’t changed at all. Now I am sure that everyone is able to win in the ForexCup competitions.

13.Could you please give some advice to newbies in Forex?
    Believe in yourselves and track your own way. Do not fall for provocations! Make your own decisions — you don’t need any guidance.

New ForexCup competitions will be announced soon. Stay tuned!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shyrayeva For This Useful Post:

ngepet dolar euro (04-18-2014)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default The Interview with the winner of the Asian Forex Championship

The Interview with the winner of the Asian Forex Championship

The end of June 2014 was marked with the finish of the Asian Forex Championship. More than a thousand of traders from all Asian countries took part in it.

The Championship was a real challenge for all participants. Actually, it became one of the most large-scale events in terms of ForexCup. Here is the statistics:
    • The number of participants totals 1251 traders;
    • The best result of the contest is 852% of profit;
    • The incredible main prize is US$3000;
    • As for the bonuses — the bonus fund was shared among 195 participants;
    • And the contest provided all participants with priceless experience, knowledge and skills — that is something that can’t be estimated in the money equivalent.

The main intrigue of the contest was the name of the winner. So, the Best Asian Trader 2014 is Changhang Peng from China. In his 30th anniversary contest the talented participant managed to make 852% of profit and received the desired victory.

ForexCup team was lucky enough to ask the leader of the contest a few questions and find out his attitude towards trading, his personal trading strategy and plans about managing PAMM account he received.

Check out the interview below.

My name is Changhang Peng. I come from Chinese city Xiamen. I am married and have a family. I have a business and run my personal company.

2.Do you have your personal “way in Forex?” Could you please describe what your first incentive for trying Forex trading was? What did you start with? Do you remember your first trade?
    I should say I don’t have any special way in trading. Once I have decided to try and enjoy being a part of the Forex market. So, I continued, then chose FXOpen and started developing my trading skills and strategies.
    I exactly remember my first trade, I chose EUR/USD for it.

3.Do you have someone or something encouraging you to upgrade your trading skills day by day?
    The main thing in my life is my family. All of them support me day by day and give me all necessary emotions and encourage me.

4.What is trading to you: the main source of income or just a nice pastime, which helps you earn some money? Are you fully devoted to trading?
    I enjoy trading, but all in all it’s a nice pastime to me. I give it some part of my usual day and get some profit as a reward.

5.Do you trade in a real account? Are you successful in it?
    I have a real account and constantly trade on it. I am not very successful in real trading, but I keep trying.

6.How did you learn about ForexCup?
    I came across the mention of ForexCup in one of the forums I usually visit. I have never tried participating in Forex contests before, so, I have decided to try.

7.What are the advantages and disadvantages of the ForexCup competitions? What can you offer to change or improve?
    I want to admit that ForexCup competitions are almost perfect. The web-site is a little bit slow sometimes, but in general I like it very much.

8.Let’s pass to the Championship you won. What did you feel when you gained the victory?
    At the end of the Championship I was really proud of myself. And my first thoughts were about the bonus I received and the way I traded, I was thinking if I could do it better.

9.There are lots of traders in Asia. So, how did you decide to participate in the contest with so many competitors?
    It’s rather simple. I just wanted to try, nothing else.

10.Did you have any particular strategy at the beginning of the contest or did you work it out on the spot?
    I have prepared the strategy before the contest and then followed it all the time.

11.How can you describe your trading decisions? Were they carefully thought over of spontaneous?
    I usually combine lots of different factors in making trading decisions and then act the best way I see.

12.What was your favorite trading instrument in the Championship? And what tools do you generally prefer?
    In Championship trading I used my favorite trading instrument — NZD. Actually, I use it in most of my trades.

13.Did you follow the results of your competitors? Were you scared of someone’s results? Or did you feel confident and relaxed?
    I didn’t know anything about someone else’s results. I was absolutely relaxed and just enjoyed the process.

14.What do you feel now when you are the Best Asian Trader? Are you proud of yourself? Does the title motivate you to go ahead and upgrade your trading skills?
    Yes, I am really proud of myself. But I want to improve the way I trade to get even better results.

15.You’ve got a PAMM ECN account with a sizable deposit in it as a reward. Are you excited to start your PAMM manager career or would you prefer a money prize only?
    To be honest, I would prefer the prize only.

16.How do you plan to manage your PAMM ECN account?
    At the moment I’m trying to get some information about it. First knowledge, then — decisions.

17.Are you going to participate in other Forex contests again, after being awarded such a great title?
    I am going to participate again and again, it’s a great way to develop my trading skills.

18.Could you please give some tips to newbies and to those who are still planning to join ForexCup contests?
    The main advice is rather simple — practice, practice and practice, As soon as you improve your skills, you will become successful.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shyrayeva For This Useful Post:

kyoshiro2256 (07-09-2014), penaltev (07-09-2014)

FXOpen Customers Support FXSupporter's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Interview with the CryptoMania Winner

ForexCup has recently launched a new interesting competition – “CryptoMania” that has become a hit. The main peculiarity of this contest was the ability to use cryptocurrency pairs as trading instruments considering that cryptotrading is a relatively new direction in Forex. And we were happy to see that a number of traders joined the tournament.

The ForexCup team was watching the competition process with impatience and anxiety. The main intrigue was who’d become the winner – a trader with some experience in cryptotrading, or a trader, making his first steps with cryptocurrencies.

Finally, we’ve got the winner – Odianosen Okosun from Nigeria! He demonstrated outstanding results and took the lead! We are happy to present a brief interview where the main prize-holder shares his impressions and reveals some secrets of his trading success.

1. Please tell us a few words about yourself.

My name is Odianosen Okosun. I am a 36 year-old engineer from Nigeria. I'm married; I enjoy playing lawn tennis and working out.

2. Do you have a long experience in trading? How did you start at Forex and move on?

I started trading Forex 6 years ago. I read different materials on Forex trading and tried to learn from my mistake.

3. Do you think you are a successful trader?

Every trader has won and lost at least once. By God's grace, I can call myself a successful trader.

4. Do you trade in a real account?

Sure, I have a real account – that’s what makes a Forex trader. I prefer trading Gold and Silver most.

5. Do you spend on trading much of your time? Is it a hobby, a full-time job or a passion for you?

Forex is a good source of profits and it has already become a passion for me.

6. How do you develop your skills? Do you set any goals you want to achieve?

I practice alongside studying various Forex-related materials. I try to learn from my losses.

7. Do you enjoy Forex contests? How often do you take part in them?

I really enjoy participating in such competitions and do that very often.

8. What pros and cons of ForexCup contest can you point out at? What would you change?

Well, honestly, I have nothing to say here. I am totally satisfied with this project.

9. Let’s pass to the Crypto trading. How long have you been trading such tools like Crypto currency pairs? How did you learn about them?

Actually, this is my 1st experience with crypto currencies. I learnt about them at Forexcup though they seemed really strange in the beginning.

10. What is your general attitude to Crypto being largely promoted these days? What do you think about its future?

Well, I believe, the future of Crypto is not so bright as that of commodities and traditional Forex currency pairs – it’s not that fast to profit on cryptotrading.

11. Do you have a real Crypto account?

Yes, I do.

12. How did you decide to join “CryptoMania?” Did you intend to win or just get some useful experience?

Every trader hopes to win and get some useful experience alike. That was my aim as well.

13. Did you like the contest rules and the format in general? What would you like to change?

Personally, I wouldn’t change anything at all.

14. Did you prepare any strategy for the contest? How did you behave? Did you follow the results of other contestants? Please, share the way you spent the competition time.

Since I'm not conversant with crypto currencies I used only candlestick patterns in trading. And, to be honest, I didn't follow other contestants’ results – I focused on my trading instead.

15. What financial instruments did you use in the “CryptoMania” contest? Which crypto currencies do you like most of all? Which of them do you use in everyday trading?

It’s definitely LTCBTC.

16. What are your future plans in the Crypto field?

I have no serious plans for now. The time will show. Currently I still prefer trading commodities like Gold and Silver.

17. What advice could you give to traders who want to use сryptocurrency pairs as a trading instrument? Are there any keys to success?

Use relative strength of crypto currencies and candlestick patterns in cryptotrading – that’s what I’ve learnt from experience.

ForexCup team would like to congratulate the winner and to thank all of the participants of the “CryptoMania” contest.

We hope to see you again in new ForexCup contests and wish you good luck!

Best regards,
    ForexCup Team
    Last edited by FXSupporter; 07-11-2014 at 12:25 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FXSupporter For This Useful Post:

kyoshiro2256 (07-14-2014)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default Interview with the 3rd prize winner in the Asian Forex Championship

ForexCup team has prepared another interesting piece of material devoted to the Asian Forex Championship. Today we offer an interview with the 3rd prize winner, Nurjahan Begum. In her 17th ForexCup contest the trader managed to make more than 600% profits and hit the TOP 3.

ForexCup team posed a few questions to the prize-winner and prepared a short interview for all of the ForexCup fans.

1. First of all, tell us a few words about yourself.

Hi! My name is Nurjahan, I am from Bangladesh. I am married and spend most of my time with the family.

2. How long have you been trading Forex? How did you learn about the market? Do you have a personal “success story”?

Actually, my way to Forex trading is rather short. One day a friend of mine told me a few words about the FX market and shared a few trading tips with me. I found it interesting and finally I decided to learn more. I read a number of manuals about trading and watched lots of educational videos.

I cannot devote all my time to trading and that’s why I am not so skillful and successful yet. But anyway, I managed to get a prize in such a big Championship and this is a great achievement for me.

3. What is Forex trading for you?

Trading is a real passion for me.

4. Do you trade in a real account? Are you successful in it?

I’ve just opened a real account so I can’t evaluate the degree of success. All in all, I am trying to do my best.

5. How did you learn about Forex contests held by ForexCup?

I first learnt about FXOpen and only then about ForexCup as the company’s project of Forex contests.

6. How many contests have you already taken part in? Have you ever won?

I have already participated in 18 competitions at ForexCup. And the Championship has become my 2nd victory. I was awarded in the “Profitable Week” contest some time ago.

7. What pros and cons of ForexCup competitions can you mention?

As for me, ForexCup is a good platform to start a trading career. And you can also develop your skills and gain more self-confidence.

8. Let’s talk about the Asian Forex Championship. How did you decide to join it? Did you dream about the prizes or did you want to gain some experience and get a cash bonus?

I didn’t think about the contest prizes and bonuses at all. One day I just opened the web-site and saw the announcement. So, I decided to join and take up the challenge. What is more it seemed to be a great opportunity to compete with traders from all the Asian countries.

9. Did you have a particular strategy or did you make your trading decisions on the spot? Which trading instruments did you use?

In contest trading I used the “Price Action” strategy and avoided keeping to the same trend for a long time. I set different targets and tried to reach them.
    My favorite trading instruments were GBP/JPY, EUR/JPY, GBP/USD, GBP/NZD, EUR/NZD, USD/JPY, NZD/USD and NZD/JPY. I actively used all of them in the Championship.

10. What did you feel at the end of the contest? Did you enjoy being one of the competition leaders?

At the end of the contest I was really impressed with the results and also a little bit confused, because all of the participants had performed really well so I was happy to be among the leaders.

11. Will you take part in the other ForexCup contests? What can you say about the project following your win in the Championship?

No doubt, I will participate in the ForexCup contests again and again. I hope I will have enough time both to manage my new PAMM account and to go on with the Forex competitions.

12. Could you please give some advice to newbies in Forex?

I believe that everyday practice and hard work are the keys to success. So use your brain, believe your heart and create your own style of trading. Remember that success is really close to you and all your efforts will be rewarded.

ForexCup team would like to thank the winner again and wish every success in the future trading.

Follow the news line for the upcoming competitions at ForexCup.com.
    Last edited by FXSupporter; 07-15-2014 at 01:40 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FXSupporter For This Useful Post:

hesham1046 (07-16-2014)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Interview with CryptoTrading Forex Article Contest Winner – Summer 2014

FXOpen would like to congratulate all of the winners and participants of the recently held Forex Article Contest. The topic of this summer tournament—CryptoTrading—was a real challenge. The organizers were pleased to see that it drew a response from the trading community despite the fact that it is a relatively new trend in Forex. There were numerous interesting articles submitted but only the top 7 were awarded money prizes.

An article by Rina Kustina won the 1st prize. The leader has already participated in the Forex Article Contest before but “CryptoTrading” has become her lucky topic.

FXOpen: Could you tell us a few words about yourself?

Winner: My name is Rina Kustina. I am 30 years old and I am married with 2 boys. I work as a pharmacist's assistant in a hospital and live in Tasikmalaya Indonesia.

FXOpen: Participation in the Forex Article Contest does not require trading actively in the market. You just have to be well-informed of its mechanisms and be skilled enough to tell about them correctly. Are you an active trader or more of a casual observer?

Winner: As an employee, I certainly do not have much free time to trade actively. I am a part-time trader, so I just took a few days a week for long-term trading. As a trader, I have a lot to observe. So it’s a must to be an observer. In other words, it is a consequence. Answering your question, I am both a trader and an observer.

FXOpen: Can you explain the choice of your article topic?

Winner: My choice was based on personal experience. I am really interested in cryptocurrency and I’ve already had a year’s experience in cryptotrading. I was especially active in exploring this new trend at the end of last year.

FXOpen: Could you please describe your “way in Forex”, i.e. how you started trading, developed your trading strategy, made your first profitable trade?

Winner: Hmm... it has been a long trip. My husband turned to Forex in 2007 but he got a lot of failures. He decided to give up this business in 2008. In 2010, he decided to come back and focus on Forex more. It was his decision to become a full-time trader and I always tried to support him. Unfortunately, he was far from success. In late 2011, I decided to follow my husband in this business. I was a total disaster at the beginning of my trading career. Our life collapsed in 2012; we had huge financial problems. We lost everything that we had. But I still had a monthly salary as an employee. So we were able to survive in Forex somehow. At the end of 2012, the situation changed – Forex turned into a regular source of income. And compared to my husband, I felt more confident and competent in Forex trading.

FXOpen: Have you made any significant progress in trading with a ‘live’ account?

Winner: Of course, I’ve made a good progress in the real account; I will give up Forex if I never get progress. But thank God, every month I achieve new highs. I have a long-term plan to increase my assets in Forex. I am only 30 years old, so I have big dreams for my future.

FXOpen: What is Forex trading for you - your main source of income or more of a hobby that provides you with some extra money?

Winner: Forex is not the main source of income for us. I am an employee, and we have some other business. My husband is an entrepreneur. But we are equally interested in investing in Forex in the long term.

FXOpen: How did you learn about the Forex Article Contest? We know that it’s not the first time you’ve taken part in this competition. What makes you try again and again?

Winner: My hobby is to write articles, but I do not have my own blog or website. I’ve been participating in the Forex Article Contest since I first found the information about this competition. I am always happy to share my ideas and experiences regardless of the quality of my writing. It is purely the result of my work.

FXOpen: Have you ever taken part in other Forex contests? If so, please, tell us a few words about them.

Winner: I’ve taken part in the ForexCup contests only. As I do not have much time, I always take high risk in the first-day trading. One shot and you win or die. I think that ForexCup is a very good contest. You ask me why? Well, I’ve come across tons of Forex contest with a similar concept – to determine the winner based on the amount of profit made during the competition. But ForexCup offers a different concept: besides awarding the championship, all of the contestants can get a bonus if they reach the required profit targets that have been set. This condition allows traders to apply money management techniques and build their own strategies and not only pursue the position of a champion. What about the other contests? The winner is determined based on the amount of profit made. And there is no chance to get a bonus in addition to the main prizes.

FXOpen: What distinguishes our Forex Article Contest from other competitions in your opinion? What would you change or improve?

Winner: Are there any faults about Forex Article Contest? I don’t think so. I mean, I am totally satisfied with this competition. For me, it’s a real catch as I enjoy writing articles about Forex. I think there should be a special website for the Forex Article Contest. Currently, all the materials are published in the FXOpen blog. This is just my suggestion, maybe a ridiculous one.

FXOpen: Did you watch your competitors and voting results unfolding?

Winner: No, not at all. So I was surprised with the results. I could hardly believe in my victory.

FXOpen: Was your victory a dream come true? Or were you sure of your success from the beginning?

Winner: Of course, I’ve always dreamed of the victory. Sometimes, I was sure about it, but sometimes I really doubted it.

FXOpen: What did you feel when the contest was over and you won in the “Forex Theory” category? What became the biggest reward for you - the prestigious winner’s title, or the US$400 prize?

Winner: I was surprised to find an email notification that I am the contest winner. Today is actually the happiest day I will never forget. I am more impressed with the prestigious title. I will always keep it in my memory.

FXOpen: There will be another round of the Forex Article Contest in the near future. Are you going to participate again?

Winner: Why not? As I've said before, I love writing articles. I love this kind of contests. It will be hard for me not to participate again.

FXOpen: Not everyone feels enthusiastic about such Forex competitions for various reasons, and yet you were not discouraged and decided to try. As we see, your efforts and optimism were rewarded. What would be your advice to all those who did not believe in their success and stayed aside? Can you share any secrets of writing the contest article? What was the most important thing during the preparation?

Winner: Failure is not a reason for being pessimistic. We can always learn from our mistakes. As for the competition, I’ve just taken a lesson from the previous contest. It’s not the complex materials that helped me become a success, but a unique and interesting topic. Surely, the most important thing is your determination. Take every opportunity and make an attempt!

FXOpen would like to thank all the participants of the summer Forex Article Contest and wish them every success in their future trading.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FXSupporter For This Useful Post:

hesham1046 (07-16-2014), kyoshiro2256 (07-16-2014)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Interview with the 2nd prize winner in the Asian Forex Championship

Following the recently held Asian Forex Championship, the ForexCup team would like to congratulate Shu Wen Huang from China on taking the 2nd place in such a great tournament. The skillful trader managed to make 700% profits during the competition and took the lead.

We contacted the winner and talked about his impressions of participation in the Championship. See a brief interview below.

1. First of all, tell us a few words about yourself.

My name is Shu Wen Huang. I am from Luo Xian, Fushan. I work in the finance industry.

2. How long have you been trading Forex? How did you learn about the market? Do you have a personal “success story”?

To be honest, I do not remember exactly the way I started my trading career, I mean my first trade or currency pair. But what I can say for sure is that I’ve walked through a long way. And it is thanks to my friend that I actually turned to Forex. He introduced me to the world of trading and I do not regret it at all.

3. What is Forex trading for you?

Forex is more of a hobby for me now. I cannot trade full-time, so at the moment it is far from being the main source of income.

4. Do you trade in a real account? Are you successful in it?

Yes, I have a real account and I make some profit there from time to time. But it’s more occasional for now.

5. How did you learn about Forex contests held by ForexCup?

As I enjoy participating in various Forex contests, I tried to find information about any new competitions. Thus, I came across the announcements of ForexCup tournaments and decided to get in.

6. What pros and cons of ForexCup competitions can you mention?

I see the only disadvantage – the ForexCup site is slow. I do not have any complaints with regard to the competitions and the way they are arranged.

7. Let’s talk about the Asian Forex Championship. How did you decide to join it? What did you feel at the end of the contest?

Frankly speaking, I just wanted to try – nothing else. So when I found out that I became a second-prize winner, I was very proud of myself. It was really unexpected.

8. Did you have a particular strategy or did you make your trading decisions on the spot? How can you describe you trading decisions?

I tried to feel the market – that’s it. I had neither strategy nor plans regarding my trading activity during the competition. It was a pure luck. Besides, a friend of mine offered his assistance in this question, so a consulted him from time to time and asked for guidance.

9. What was your favorite trading instrument in the Championship? And what tools do you generally prefer?

I prefer non-USD currency pairs. I used them in my trades throughout the Championship, too.

10. Did you follow the results of your competitors? Were you scared of someone’s results? Or did you feel confident and relaxed?

Yes, I did. I was tracking them from the very beginning.

11. You’ve got a PAMM ECN account and a sizable deposit in it as a reward – are you excited to start your PAMM manager career or would you prefer a money prize only?

I am looking forward managing my own PAMM account. Hope, it will bring good profits. Anyway, it will be a great experience for me.

12. Will you take part in the other ForexCup contests? What can you say about the project following your win in the Championship?

No doubt, I will go on with the ForexCup contests. My performance in the Championship is a proof that I can make it. I believe I can achieve better results.

13. Could you please give some advice to newbies in Forex?

You can become more confident with experience. So, make trades! Practice! Learn from your own mistakes! No one will teach you better that your own mistakes.

ForexCup team congratulates the 2nd-prize winner and wishes him every success in his future trading career.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to FXSupporter For This Useful Post:

kyoshiro2256 (07-21-2014)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Dear forum users!

Please note that starting from today we will publish all the interviews with the ForexCup contests winners in the corresponding thread of each competition.

The interview with the FX Market Masters July 2014 Winner you can read here.
    Thank you and good luck!

ForexCup Team

23. The Following User Says Thank You to FXSupporter For This Useful Post:

kyoshiro2256 (08-04-2014)

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

The Interview With The Sheik’s Treasure Winner

Joint ForexCup and FXOpen contest “The Sheik’s Treasure” has recently come to an end. Hundreds of traders from all over the world joined our contest on demo-accounts for prizes and bonuses. Every participant did their best to demonstrate excellent trading skills and proficiency in implementing trading strategies.

Ihsan Adly Ritong, a trader from Indonesia, showed the best result in the competition and thus became a leader. He won USD 1,050 in our contest. The trader managed to increase his balance 16 times from the initial deposit of USD 5,000 to USD 79,000 - it’s a 1600% profit! We asked the winner of the contest to share his view on the Forex market and give some trading tips to Forex newbies.

1) Can you tell us a little few words about yourself?

My name is Ihsan Adly Ritong, I’m from Indonesia. I’m a person who wants to be really successful in forex trading.

2) How long have you been on forex trading?

About 3 years of active forex trading

3) From your view, what’s your best source for getting knowledge for successful forex trading?

My main source of information is Google. I just google everything I need to know for a particular trade

4) Which are you a full-time or part-time trader? Is forex trading your main source of income?

Forex trading isn’t yet fully my main source of income.

5) Do you have transaction in real account?

Yes, I have an FXOpen ECN trading account.

6) How do you find about the ForexCup contest? What are the pros and cons of the ForexCup competition that you can explain?

From Google. Everything was good during the contest, can’t name any downsides

7) Is this your first Forex contest?

No, it’s not, I have already participated in some.

8) Can you tell us a little about your strategy?

First of all, I use technical analysis in each of my trade.

9) How can you explain your trading decision? Is it carefully thought out or spontaneous?

My trading decisions are mostly based on graph movements. I attentively monitor graphs and catch fluctuations.

Read more...
    Last edited by Katya_95; 01-04-2019 at 10:26 AM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Katya_95 For This Useful Post:

mannon (01-08-2019), penaltev (01-08-2019), Prezident (01-04-2019), Resolve (01-08-2019)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234